Cleaning & care
Looking after your Munchkin & Bear play mat is super easy, we're also Mums so know you don't need any extra chores!
On a daily basis we recommend you use water and a microfibre cloth.
- There are some brilliant ones on the market which tackle the bacteria worries too without any chemicals going near your little ones such as the e-cloth which is recommended by Allergy UK
Small spills, kitchen roll does the trick.
For cleaning use a gentle detergent mix with warm water, apply gentle pressure in a circular motion to loosen any dirt dried so you can wipe it off and dry it afterwards.
A quick brush (or flat head on a vacuum) gets those crumbs and dust up super quickly.
If you've used a lot of water, don't forget to dry it with a towel to make sure it isn't left damp.
Do not use cleaners with bleach, alcohol or citrus oils in them as these can cause discolouration / remove the colour or pattern from your mat.
Please avoid using baby wipes to clean the mats. Certain brands cause damage to the surface over time. (It has been suggested that baby wipes are effective enough to remove tar!)
Is there anything else we should be careful of?
- Heavy furniture - if you plan to keep furniture on top of your play mat, be aware the memory foam may be affected leaving a dent which becomes permanent.
- Pets - we don't know your animals so you'll need to judge if they might damage the surface with sharp claws, but many of our customers' pets love the play mats.
Do I have a warranty?
If the product is found to be defective, your Luxe Padded Play Mat is covered by a 6 month warranty from the date of purchase, with a valid receipt.
The warranty is void however, if the defects are caused by improper use of the product or failure to follow the care instructions. For clarity the following are NOT recommended:
- Do not use products with bleach, alcohol, natural citrus oils, essential oils or abrasive agents as they may damage or discolour the TPU mat coating. Some natural cleaning spray may also damage your play mat.
- Vigorous rubbing may damage and remove the top layer colour.
- Some baby wipe brands may cause damage or discolouration to the mat's surface.
- Do not steam clean.
- Avoid sharp, rough & hot materials from coming in contact with play mat (e.g. sharp heels or toys, stiff or rotating vacuum brush, boiling water).
- Pens, crayons and permanent markers can stain the mat (and all your furniture!) permanently. Those budding Picassos can get a little too creative sometimes!
- Not designed for outdoor use / prolonged sunlight. Direct sunlight and high temperatures may cause deterioration of the play mat.
- Pet claws and teeth may cause damage and are not covered under our warranty.
- Heavy furniture on the play mat may cause permanent depressions.