We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
WHAT WE COLLECT?
We collect some of the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- payment and other order information (name, billing address etc.)
WHY DO WE COLLECT IT?
We need this information to understand your needs so we can provide you with a better service.
In particular we use it for:
- internal record keeping.
- to improve our products and services.
- to update you on promotions, new products or other information (if you have told us we can)
- to get in touch to ask your opinion (if you have said we can) about new product lines or other elements in relation to Munchkin & Bear
- to analyse and improve our site – this is done in conjunction with Shopify who power our site. (You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.)
- to check orders placed (time, place, product purchased, potential fraud risks etc.)
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information if we need to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFOMATION
Beyond the information you enter into order forms or your customer account we collect information using the following:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
The above tools in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We may also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
CONTROLLING YOUR OWN INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do or do not want us to be in touch
- as outlined above you can choose not to enable cookies – please note this may restrict some elements of the website
- again if you do not wish to be included in any Google Analytics this is their opt out page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us - firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Additionally in relation to your personal information you can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
If you are a UK or European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a UK or European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.